- PIC32 board (any board is fine)
- MPLAB IDE, C32, Microchip Application Librararies
- Some way to program your board such as PICKIT/ICD/REAL ICE
1. Open the project in MPLAB (I'm using 8.76 with C32 v2.01).
2. Go to Build Options (green button on toolbar)
3. Go to Directories -> Include Search Path and edit the MAL line to your Microchip Applications Library Include folder. Go to Library Search Path and edit the line to your C32 libraries folder.
4. If you are NOT using the UBW32 board, edit HardwareProfile.h for your board (LEDs, etc). Also make sure to select your specific chip from Configure -> Select device...
5. Compile and program your board with a PICKIT/ICD/REAL ICE. This package does NOT support the bootloader because I use a REAL ICE to program my board, although you could probably very easily load it from the UBW32 bootloader by compiling it with the procdefs.ld file from the HelloWorldUSB package from the UBW32 website.
6. When the board is running the program, open a terminal program on the host computer (for example, Termite on Windows, or the "screen" command line tool on Linux/Mac OS X). Type something. You should see text sent back on the terminal.